Small Cell Construction Manager – Ohio
This role is responsible for the day-to-day management of all on-site construction activity.
Duties that the successful candidate may be responsible for:
- The Small Cell Construction Project Manager will monitor all aspects of the project and expedite or escalate as appropriate to achieve the cost, quality and schedule goals for the project.
- Responsible for potential project estimating including regular bid walks with customers for the purpose of providing a quote to build small cells
- Responsible for installation / commissioning of small cell / wireless equipment & coordination of contractors
- Interact with Streets and Sanitation, Municipality, Power companies
- Work with DOT representatives to schedule builds, confirm permitting and ROW permitting
- Ensure Project Coordinator is updated daily on the status of construction and aware of any issues that will impact project completion, quality, or cost
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate closeout documents
- Make recommendations to management regarding ways to get the project back on track to meet cost, quality and schedule goals if it becomes apparent that any of those goals are not being met
- Identify and arrange to obtain pole attachment agreements and structure access agreement as need to facilitate fiber placement and submit for and obtain pole attachment permits and structure access permits
- Identification of right of way and permitting requirements for proposed routes
- Knowledge of Design and engineering of final approved projects including final route recommendation, field engineering and pole loading (these function are performed by others however the Construction Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that the work is started and completed on time and is sufficient to obtain the required permit approvals)
- Read and interpret construction documents, i.e.; prints and plans as well as splicing diagrams that are used in the splicing of fiber optics.
- Review preliminary construction prints from Right of Way authorities and determine potential conflicts; attend utility coordination meetings and construction progress meetings as needed.
- Arrange to perform preventative maintenance testing utilizing OTDR test equipment, analyze results and coordinate repairs as needed.
- Summarize potential solutions and make logical recommendations to management.
- Coordinate with OSP Planning to prepare preliminary cost estimates and route proposals including descriptions of the proposed project and a map showing the preliminary route that is the basis for the estimate.
Qualifications and characteristics that we are looking for:
- 2 Years of Small Cell / Node implementation
- 2 Years of OSP Construction or Telecom Construction
- Aerial / Underground fiber construction in ROW (Preferred)
- New Fiber Build experience
- Managing multiple subs/contractors & multiple project sites simultaneously
- Project Tracking (MS Excel)
- Utilities coordination (ex. power to pole)
- Permitting in Austin (+)
Qualifications and skills that the successful candidate will need to make a quick start on the job:
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a professional demeanor.
- Must successfully complete pre-hire drug screen and background check
- Must be able to lift 100+ pounds regularly unassisted; Position is a high impact / high activity job.
- Must be able to travel 100%.
Discloser: This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.