ANS Advanced Network Services, a rapidly growing telecommunications construction and specialty installations firm based in Menands, NY, has an opening for a Project Manager for the NY Metro area. The position will have primary focus on projects and customers within the New York City area.
Candidate must have:
- Hands-on project management experience and/or the equivalent in telecommunications leadership positions.
- Experience managing multi-faceted projects in the telecommunications field (commercial construction environment a plus).
- Knowledge of project documentation (project meetings, contracts, change orders, etc.).
- General working knowledge of the telecommunications standards including but not limited to the GR1275, TP76300 and NSTD.
- Experience managing successful projects with ability to provide support documentation for relevant experience.
- Knowledge in all aspects of project management including: quoting, budgeting, scheduling, subcontractor contract management, project documentation.
- Ability to read blue-prints, specs, etc.
- General working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook and MS Project (or similar scheduling software).
- Construction estimating experience a plus.
- Construction scheduling experience a plus.
- Effective client negotiation and follow-up skills.
- Excellent communication/problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of urgency in dealing with client issues.
- Ability to manage costs for subcontractor change orders and client work orders.
- Ability to be deadline and detail oriented.
- Ability to monitor, manage and develop good working relationships with subcontractors.
- Ability to work reliably under minimum supervision.
- Ability to adapt to new client standards and practices.
- Ability and drive to deliver quality services on time and under budget.
- Employment Status: Full time salaried position.
- Travel requirement: 60% of time spent working out of main office or home office and 40% of time spent developing Mid-Atlantic/NYC regions.
- Education requirement: Degree in construction, engineering, architecture or similar preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and on-the-job experience.
- Experience requirement: 7 or more years of project management in general construction and/or telecommunications-related projects.
Discloser: This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.