ANS Advanced Network Services, a rapidly growing telecommunications construction and specialty installations firm based in Menands, NY, has an opening for a Project Coordinator in the Northeast Region, remote availability.
As a Project Coordinator, you will establish collaborative relationships among the various project and constituent groups. You will be responsible for facilitating decision making processes as appropriate, serving as liaison between project managers, and ensure the maintenance of an integrated, institutional focus for the overall project.
Candidate must have:
- Identifying and working to remove barriers to successful completion of the overall project, with particular emphasis on resolving issues with subcontractors.
- Providing timely project status updates to the Project Managers and submitting for resolution those problems and issues that cannot be resolved at lower levels.
- Creating and tracking contracts, purchase orders, submittals, and complete project close-out manuals.
- Serving as primary point of contact with external vendor representatives and functional consultants on overall strategic and technical project matters.
- Handling all correspondence between general contractor, owner, architect, and subcontractors.
- Knowledge of project documentation (project meetings, contracts, change orders, etc.).
- Experience managing successful projects with ability to provide support documentation for relevant experience.
- Ability to read blue-prints, specs, etc.
- General working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook and MS Project (or similar scheduling software).
- Effective client negotiation and follow-up skills.
- Excellent communication/problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of urgency in dealing with client issues.
- Ability to manage costs for subcontractor change orders and client work orders.
- Ability to be deadline and detail oriented.
- Ability to monitor, manage and develop good working relationships with subcontractors.
- Ability to work reliably under minimum supervision.
- Ability to adapt to new client standards and practices.
- Ability and drive to deliver quality services on time and under budget.
- Employment Status: Full time position.
- Education requirement: Degree in construction, engineering, architecture or similar preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and on-the-job experience.
- Experience requirement: 5 or more years of project coordinator experience in general construction and/or telecommunications-related projects.
We offer a positive and open door culture with work/life balance, opportunities for growth, competitive compensation/bonus structure, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurances, PTO, and a 401K retirement plan. Also provided are complete training, phone or laptop (if required for the position, and all necessary tools and safety equipment.
Diversity and Inclusion at ANS
We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Discloser: This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.