NOC Network Technician 1
Shift: Day or Overnight
Location: New York
ANS Advanced Network Services, a rapidly growing telecommunications construction and specialty installations firm based in Albany, NY, has an opening within the Network Operations Group for a Technician I. This position will require that the candidate be based out of the State of New York. The candidate will be focused on supporting this group including its product and service offerings growth.
The Network Operation Center Technician I position, is an integral part of the Monitoring and Maintenance Program. The program reach is part of a national initiative covering legacy, 4G, and 5G networks with a variety of major carrier clients and private customers. This role performs troubleshooting at device, system, and process levels remotely. The need for exceptional problem solving, organization and detail recognition is required. Including, but not limited to, increasing responsibility for working with current and future monitoring tools, multiple telecommunications systems, variety of clients and facilities while supporting day to day operations in support of all business units as needed. Excellent career growth opportunity within this role.
- Willingness to learn with exceptional communication skills.
- Flexible schedule with occasional nights, weekends, and holidays availability.
- Exceptional problem solving and deduction.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and process oriented.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of MS Office, cloud-based tools, and spreadsheets (Smartsheets a plus).
- Understanding of SLA Service Level Agreements.
- Familiar with creating and updating internal service request tickets, trouble tickets or documentation.
- Assertive, Self-starter, and resourceful with limited direction at times.
- Used to high pressure/high stress situations.
- Ability to maintain composure in a rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrates productive work quality and is as effective as part of a team or independently working.
- Monitoring, maintaining, and resolving issues with networked communications equipment.
- Administer and monitor system availability and performance tools.
- Perform equipment checks remotely using monitoring tools in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Isolate and identify cause of faults for network related issues.
- Assess impact to network/service, resulting impact to customers, and escalate appropriately.
- 2 years of proven, hands-on or remote technical experience related to wireless telecommunications (DAS Distributed Antenna Systems preferred).
- Network operations center experience a plus.
- Experience with Java and SQL is beneficial.
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure.
- Experience in network technology solutions and technical support environment preferred.
- Travel Requirement: Work is primarily remote (Candidate must based in the State of New York) with travel as needed to Regional Office locations and to service area’s will be required to support contracts and initiatives.
- Education Requirement: Degree in technology, engineering, or similar preferred. Exception for equivalent combination of education and/or general work experience. Telecom preferred.
- Preferred Candidate: 2-4 years’ experience with telecommunications equipment, engineering/design and technical knowhow related but not limited to: DAS, Small Cell, Cell tower and Rooftop builds. Understanding of power and/or electrical design/install. Familiarity with a call center, NOC, or general technology support group/system. Understanding of 24/7/365 NOC support with a flexible schedule to meet client/business needs.