NOC Network Operations – Tier II Engineer
Location: Columbus, OH (preferable, not required)
ANS Advanced Network Services, a rapidly growing telecommunications construction and specialty installations firm based in Albany, NY, has an opening within the Network Operations Group for a Tier II Engineer. The candidate will be focused on supporting this group including its product and service offerings growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing line of products and services that are key to successful delivery of the network monitoring and maintenance service-piece. From supporting today’s legacy and 4G systems, to learning the newest DAS (Distributed Antenna System) platforms and transitioning to supporting 5G networks, there is a great deal of opportunity and growth within this role.
- Hands-on ticket management experience and/or customer network support experience
- Knowledge of project documentation (project meetings, contracts, change orders, etc.)
- Experience with workflows, managing ticket processes, and creating/tracking documentation
- Experience interfacing with internal and customer stakeholders to address issues or find solutions
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and deductive reasoning skills
- Strong sense of urgency with an ability to maintain composure when dealing with client issues
- Ability to be a self-starter and to drive issue through to resolution
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Ability to learn/retain industry technical information relating to in-building wireless and telecommunications
- Ability to be flexible in scheduling to support a rotating schedule of weekend coverage
- General working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, and cloud-based management tools
- Experience with IP routing protocols, IP network products, cellular modems and Cradlepoint highly preferred
- Hands-on field experience 3-5 years working with/installing equipment for in-building wireless projects
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure and diagrams
- Experience in a Technical Support environment and with a Network operations center preferred
- Monitoring, maintaining, and resolving issues with networked communications equipment
- Administer and monitor system availability and performance tools
- Perform equipment audits remotely using monitoring tools within well-established policies and procedures
- Isolate and identify cause of faults for network related issues
- Assess impact to network/service, resulting impact to customers, and escalate appropriately
- As a team member or independently, work to meet or exceed SLA service level agreement targets
- Solve, document and, when required, escalate issues
- Used to high pressure/high stress situations
- Ability to maintain composure in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrates productive work quality and is as effective as part of a team or independently working
- Travel Requirement: If in the Columbus, OH area, limited, as needed on-site support. If not, less than 25%.
- Education Requirement: Degree in technology, engineering, or similar preferred. Exception for equivalent combination of education and/or general work experience. Telecom preferred.
- Experience Requirement: Minimum of 5 years’ engineering with displayed and recognized technical wireless telecommunications familiarity.
- Preferred Candidate: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in telecommunications equipment, engineering/design and technical knowhow related to, but not limited to: DAS [SOLiD, Commscope, Teko, JMA, Corning One], Small Cell, Cell tower and Rooftop builds. Minimum of 4 years working at or with a telecom NOC, call center or general technology support group/system. Understanding of 24/7/365 NOC support with a flexible schedule to meet client/business needs.