Network Technician – Level IV
ANS, Advanced Network Services, LLC- Build the optimized network infrastructure your organization needs to maximize productivity and uptime. ANS engineers and service technicians have extensive experience designing and building network infrastructure solutions for enterprise-level businesses. Our team leverages a combination of technical depth and industry expertise to deliver world-class services to our clients.
We are searching for a skilled and motivated Network Technician. This key role is responsible to lead onsite installation and removal of equipment and hardware in a specific geographic region. This is including but not limited to site safety, addition and removal of advanced systems equipment, and other duties as required to properly maintain and operate the site within the specified requirements.
This role must be able to work as part of a team and under the supervision of the Project Manager and will be required to work in the field under various conditions. Evening or weekend work is rare but, may be requested for emergency response. Must be able to document accurately and timely reporting, as well as complete close out documentation.
Duties that the successful candidate may be responsible for:
- Will be directly supervised by the Project Manager or the installation supervisor.
- Accurate submission of daily reports to the customer and Project Managers.
- Ability to direct Level I – 3 installers.
- Lead installation projects with emphasis on safety, budget and timelines.
- Advanced installation/removal of equipment or hardware.
- Termination of Secondary DC Power in PBD’s and BDFB’s.
- Correct use of a multimeter for DC Power.
- Able to follow and understand MOP’s, SOW and CRL’s.
- Proper installation and testing of fiber optic cable.
- Proper installation and testing of ethernet and correct termination of RJ45 jacks.
- Able to label all Equipment and cables.
- Properly prepare project close out documents.
Qualifications and characteristics that we are looking for:
- Ability to follow all safety standards.
- Ability to follow directions and quality standards.
- Ability to document procedures for hardware and software installation and use.
- Ability to load and unload company vehicles.
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools.
Qualifications and skills that the successful candidate will need to make a quick start on the job:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience or equivalent as determined by the installation Suppliers Training Process.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a professional demeanor.
- Must successfully complete pre-hire drug screen and background check.
- Must be able to lift 100+ pounds regularly unassisted; Position is a high impact / high activity job.
- Must be able to travel 100%.
We offer a positive and open door culture with work/life balance, opportunities for growth, competitive compensation/bonus structure, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurances, PTO, and a 401K retirement plan. Also provided are complete training, phone or laptop (if required for the position, and all necessary tools and safety equipment.
Diversity and Inclusion at ANS
We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Disclosure: This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.