Journeyman Electrician – Upstate NY
ANS – Advanced Network Services, LLC – The services ANS offers to its customers are In-Building Wireless, Tower Services, Network Infrastructure, and DC Power Systems. The ANS product lines are run by dedicated teams of subject matter experts who ensure that each project is completed to customer specifications on-time and on-budget. With demonstrated success with small projects, all the way to multi-million dollar building expansions, raw land builds, and campus wireless deployments, ANS personnel have the specific experience needed for whatever mission critical communications project you may have.
We are searching for a skilled and motivated Journeyman Electrician. This key role is responsible for the onsite installation and removal services in a specific geographic region, including but not limited to site safety, addition and removal of common systems equipment, and other duties as required to properly maintain and operate the site within the specified requirements.
This role must be able to work as part of a team and under the supervision of the team lead and will be required to work in the field under various conditions. Evening or weekend work is rare but, may be requested for emergency response. Candidates should be licensed as a Journeyman Electrician in the State of New York. Our ideal candidate has at least five years of professional experience, a current electrician’s license, willing to travel and has a flexible schedule.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current journeyman electrician license
- 5+ years of experience as an electrician; extensive experience in both commercial and residential work a plus
- Able to read blueprints, technical drawings, and diagrams and follow specifications
- Commercial electrical metal conduit bending
- Solid working knowledge of commercial and residential electrical systems
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must have your own set of tools and safety gear
- Must pass a background check and drug screening
- Able to work independently
- Excellent customer service skills
- Respond to service calls quickly and within the expected timeframe
- Follow specifications on blueprints or technical drawings for installations
- Work under the supervision of Master Electrician
- Perform routine maintenance on various systems as requested
- Conduct all repairs and installations according to current National Electric code
We offer a positive and open door culture with work/life balance, opportunities for growth, competitive compensation/bonus structure, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurances, PTO, and a 401K retirement plan. Also provided are complete training, phone or laptop (if required for the position, and all necessary tools and safety equipment.
Diversity and Inclusion at ANS
We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.