In-Building Wireless Lead Technician (Traveling)
The Lead Technician position is responsible for performing the installation of various telecommunications equipment (specializing in In-Building Wireless applications) in a professional and timely manner while maintaining the highest level of quality. The Lead Technician leads and directs the work of other technicians on the job site, while also acting as one of the primary installers and testers. This position will also be required to perform the Supervisor’s assigned duties and responsibilities when necessary.
- Minimum of 5 years of wireless telecommunications installation, specifically DAS and small cell, or related industry experience
- Ability to perform and interpret sweep and PIM testing
- Ability to operate a spectrum analyzer
- Ability to perform fiber testing with an OTDR and light source/power meter
- Ability to clean fiber and understanding of industry best practices
- Field management experience supervising minimum of four (4) or more employees and/or subcontractors
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications including project and similar platforms
- Experience assembling test results into PDF reports for internal and customer review
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to read construction drawings, iBwave outputs, and write MOP’s
- Strong communication, organizational, problem solving, and planning skills
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have own hand tools; company will supply test equipment
- Must be willing to travel to other markets on a project-by-project basis
- Must be willing to fly if required
- Must be willing to travel anywhere in the United States at any time
- Do what-ever-it-takes attitude a must!
- Demonstrated field in-building wireless experience.
- Equipment manufacturer certifications
- Test equipment certifications
- OSHA 10 and 30
- Project management experience
- DAS programming experience
- Fusion splicing experience
- Experience building out head end infrastructure with quality and workmanship exceeding wireless carrier standards
- Experience performing live installations and removals of secondary DC power
- Backup battery installation
- Experience and previous certification on aerial work platforms (i.e. scissor lifts, boom lifts, bucket trucks, etc.)
- Ability to research information pertaining to task, before project start date. (test and turn-up will change with customer preference, research will be needed)
- Willingness and knowledge to perform all aspects of project assigned to him/her.