The successful Foreman Electrician will be responsible for leading teams of Journeyman and Apprentice Electricians on a job in order to complete projects on time and under budget; Understanding and instructing your teams on the proper navigation, use, and installation methods outlined in the NEC; and motivating and successfully leading teams of electricians on a project, as well as helping to layout work for those groups to continually learn and advance in a productive environment.
- Responsible for assembly, installation, maintenance and testing of electrical equipment and wiring systems in commercial, industrial and large multi-family settings.
- Prepares work area for installation of equipment for himself and his team.
- Installs or helps install electrical components.
- Connects wiring and equipment as per code and job specification.
- Operates equipment only if trained and certified to operate.
- Sets up and operates tools such as hydraulic benders, power threaders, power pullers and cable vacuum systems.
- Able to read blueprints and electrical drawings and install and lay out as specified.
- Verify dimensions, alignments and clearances per drawings or plans.
- Secure and lock up equipment after use.
- A proven track record of delivering safe projects on schedule and within budget.
- Excellent working knowledge of the Building Codes.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must lead and supervise electricians and apprentice electricians.
- Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, time of year, heat, cold, rain.
- Wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses at all times), respirator when required.
- Job includes crawling, standing, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, sitting, reaching, able to routinely lift heavy objects in excess of 50 pounds and pushing and pulling of objects is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current journeyman electrician license.
- 5+ years of experience as an electrician; extensive experience in both commercial and residential work a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must have your own set of tools and safety gear.
- Must pass a background check and drug screening.
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills.
We offer a positive and open door culture with work/life balance, opportunities for growth, competitive compensation/bonus structure, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurances, PTO, and a 401K retirement plan. Also provided are complete training, phone or laptop (if required for the position, and all necessary tools and safety equipment.
Diversity and Inclusion at ANS
We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Discloser: This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.