ANS, Advanced Network Services, LLC. Headquartered in Albany, New York, ANS Advanced Network Services is a publicly owned company as part of Charge Enterprises. ANS is a turnkey EF&I (Engineering, Furnishing and Installation) provider of telecommunications solutions. The services ANS offers to its customers are In-Building Wireless, Tower Services, Network Infrastructure, DC Power Systems, Monitoring and Maintenance and EV Charging Stations. The ANS product lines are run by dedicated teams of subject matter experts who ensure that each project is completed to customer specifications on-time and on-budget.
We are searching for a skilled and motivated Designer/Drafter. This position is responsible for working with Electrical Engineers, Electricians, and other field personnel to create construction drawings for inside and outside plant AC electrical and telecom projects.
The Designer/Drafter is responsible for the following:
- Collecting job site and project information from a variety of sources including existing CAD drawings, photos, field sketches, and electrical designs.
- Creating CAD construction drawings for customers, installation personnel, and permitting entities. Subject matter to be represented could include, electrical (AC, DC, low voltage), light civil, and architectural.
- Communicating effectively with all stakeholders throughout the workday.
- Working independently in a remote/home office environment within set deadlines in a fast-moving industry. Candidate is responsible for providing their own basic home office with broadband.
- Ensuring final designs comply with regulations and quality standards.
- Occasional travel is required.
Applicants for the position should have the following qualifications:
- 2-year degree or certificate in CAD drafting.
- 2 years of experience in CAD drafting in a similar construction industry.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work effectively within a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD software.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
We offer a positive and open-door culture with work/life balance, opportunities for growth, competitive compensation/bonus structure, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurances, PTO, and a 401K retirement plan. Also provided are complete training, phone or laptop (if required for the position, and all necessary tools and safety equipment.
Diversity and Inclusion at ANS
We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Disclosure: This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.