The successful Apprentice Electrician will be responsible for learning and understanding electrical code through the NEC; Assembling, installing, maintaining, and testing electrical equipment in commercial and industrial settings; and maintaining a safe work environment at all times while working on construction projects as a part of the ANS Electric team.
- Responsible for assembly, installation, maintenance and testing of electrical equipment and wiring systems in commercial, industrial and large multi-family settings.
- Prepares work area for installation of equipment for himself and his team.
- Installs or helps install electrical components.
- Connects wiring and equipment as per code and job specification.
- Operates equipment only if trained and certified to operate.
- Sets up and operates tools such as hydraulic benders, power threaders, power pullers and cable vacuum systems.
- Able to read blueprints and electrical drawings and install and lay out as specified.
- Verify dimensions, alignments and clearances per drawings or plans.
- Secure and lock up equipment after use.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must have 1-3 years of experience on commercial or industrial projects.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- ust pass a background check and drug screening.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some experience or background in either electrical or mechanical field.
- Must have your own set of tools and safety gear.
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills.
We offer a positive and open door culture with work/life balance, opportunities for growth, competitive compensation/bonus structure, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurances, PTO, and a 401K retirement plan. Also provided are complete training, phone or laptop (if required for the position, and all necessary tools and safety equipment.
Diversity and Inclusion at ANS
We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Discloser: This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.