AC Electrical Project Manager
ANS Advanced Network Services, a rapidly growing telecommunications construction and specialty installations firm based in Albany, NY, has an opening for a Subcontractor Manager.
As a Subcontract Manager for ANS Advanced Network Services LLC, you will negotiate term and conditions for subcontractors and vendors. You will provide contractual support to the teams for the management of the agreements post-award until close-out. You will be an integral part of the team at the very center of the action. The Contract Manager will work closely with Project Managers to support new business development and the fiscal management of projects.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Develop full scale project plans, including timelines, tasks, resources, and budget.
- Experience dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors, and self-perform work.
- Thorough knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
- Proficient in reading and understanding blueprints.
- Project Manager will be a Company’s representative on each project and ensure the projects’ progress.
- Lead the planning and implementation of project.
- Assemble and coordinate project staff and provide team direction.
- Negotiate & resolve issues related to Change Orders, Requests for Information.
Candidate Must Have:
- Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to work reliably under minimum supervision.
- Ability to adapt to new client standards and practices.
- Ability and drive to deliver quality services on time and under budget.
- Ability to identify, track and communicate project plan steps and actions.
- Skills to be a team player with the ability to work independently to meet fixed deadlines, goals and objectives.
- Ability to understand technical issues and electrical project organization.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel) and database utilization.
- Employment Status: Full time salaried position.
- Travel Requirement: 60% of time spent working out of main office or home office and 40% of time spent in the field on job sites.
- Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, construction, engineering or similar preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and on-the-job experience.
- Experience: At least 5 years of previous work experience in a Project Management or similar role
We offer a positive and open door culture with work/life balance, opportunities for growth, competitive compensation/bonus structure, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurances, PTO, and a 401K retirement plan. Also provided are complete training, phone or laptop (if required for the position, and all necessary tools and safety equipment.
Diversity and Inclusion at ANS
We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Discloser: This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.