Tier 1 NOC Technician, Monitoring and Maintenance
ANS Advanced Network Services, a rapidly growing telecommunications construction and specialty installations firm based in Albany, NY, has an opening Monitoring & Maintenance Group for a Tier 1 Engineer/Technician. The candidate will be focused on supporting the growing of this group including its product and service offerings.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing line of products and services that are key to the successful delivery of the network monitoring and maintenance service-piece. From supporting today’s legacy and 4G systems, to learning the newest DAS (Distributed Antenna System) platforms and transitioning to supporting 5G networks, there is a great deal of opportunity and growth within this role.
Candidate should have:
- Hands-on ticket management experience and/or customer network support experience.
- Knowledge of project documentation (project meetings, contracts, change orders, etc.).
- Experience with workflows, managing ticket processes, and creating/tracking documentation.
- Experience interfacing with internal and customer stakeholders as needed to address issues or find solutions.
- Ability to understand network diagrams.
- Excellent communication/problem-solving skills.
- Effective follow-up skills.
- Strong sense of urgency in dealing with client issues.
- Ability to drive issue through to resolution.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to be a self-starter.
- Ability to learn and retain industry technical information relating to in-building wireless and telecommunications.
- Ability to be flexible in scheduling to support a rotating schedule of weekend coverage.
- General working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, and cloud-based management tools.
- Experience with IP routing protocols and IP network products preferred.
- Experience with; Unix, Linux, Red Hat, SQL, PHP, Free BSD, VB Scripting preferred.
- Working Knowledge of Network and Server Equipment (i.e., Cisco, Foundry, HP, etc.) preferred.
- Experience in network technology solutions preferred.
- Experience in a Help Desk or Technical Support environment preferred.
- Monitoring, maintaining, and resolving issues with networked communications equipment.
- Administer and monitor system availability and performance tools.
- Perform equipment checks remotely using monitoring tools in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Isolate and identify cause of faults for network related issues.
- Assess impact to network/service, resulting impact to customers, and escalate appropriately.
- As a team member, work to meet or exceed service level targets.
- Solve, document and when required, escalate issues.
- Update and create internal tickets and/or documentation.
- Employment Status: Full time salaried position.
- Travel requirement: Work is primarily remote with travel as needed to Regional Office locations and to service area’s will be required to support contracts and initiatives
- Education requirement: Degree in technology, engineering, or similar preferred with exceptions concerning an equivalent combination of education and telecommunications on-the-job experience.
- Experience requirement: Minimum of 2-5 years of engineering with displayed and recognized technical telecommunications familiarity.
- Experience preferred: Telecommunications equipment, engineering/design and technical knowhow related but not limited to – DAS, Small Cell, Cell tower and Rooftop builds. Minimum of 2 years working at or with a telecom NOC, call center or general technology support group/system. Understanding and flexibility with 24/7/365 NOC support.
Discloser: This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.