ANS Advanced Network Services, a rapidly growing telecommunications construction and specialty installations firm headquartered in Albany, NY, has an opening for a Subcontractor Manager.
- Negotiates commercial terms and conditions with subcontractors while consulting with legal department and senior management.
- Materials and services are acquired in compliance with established procedures and supporting the needs of internal customers.
- Must have ability to interface effectively with suppliers to achieve desired program objectives as well as Senior Management.
- Manages the qualification and evaluation process for subcontractors.
- Communicates and enforces procurement policies and procedures to the district and project teams.
- Manages the maintenance of records of goods ordered and received.
- Maintains professional relationships internally and externally.
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s values and strategic plan.
- Support published corporate policies.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
Candidate Must Have:
- Ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
- Ability to identify, track and communicate project plan steps and actions.
- Skills to be a team player with the ability to work independently to meet fixed deadlines, goals and objectives.
- Ability to understand technical issues and general construction project organization.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong financial acumen with accounting and finance knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel) and database utilization.
- Employment Status: Full time salaried position.
- Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or Construction Management required.
- Experience: 5+ years’ experience in negotiation, contract management or construction purchasing required.
We offer a positive and open door culture with work/life balance, opportunities for growth, competitive compensation/bonus structure, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurances, PTO, and a 401K retirement plan. Also provided are complete training, phone or laptop (if required for the position, and all necessary tools and safety equipment.
Diversity and Inclusion at ANS
We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Discloser: This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.