PE Electrical Engineer
ANS Advanced Network Services, a rapidly growing telecommunications construction and specialty installations firm based in Albany, NY, has an opening for an PE Electrical Engineer for the NY Upstate area. The position will have primary focus on projects and customers in the Upstate New York area. Our range of tailored and flexible Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) charging services help commercial facilities deploy the right EV charging infrastructure that enables travel flexibility, increases valuable foot-traffic, and boosts property value and revenue. Our EV charging stations are implemented with the foresight to scale so you can provide uninterrupted hassle-free EV charging to your tenants, customers, and fleet drivers as you continue to grow your business.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. The Electrical Engineer will oversee construction projects and schedules while performing project management skills and communicating with other engineering disciplines and contractors. Verify projects are being installed per project specifications and are compliant with local and national codes.
- Hold a Professional Engineer License for regions to include NY, NJ and Ohio
- Provide technical diligence on all aspects of EV electrical infrastructure including MV and LV distribution systems, power product selections and specifications, field deployments, and research and define requirements and specifications for EVCS sites (design, performance, safety, local permitting needs, electrical distribution strategies etc.)
- Manage end-to-end product quality, including and not limited to – definition of technical specifications and product performance criteria with regional vendors and EVCS manufacturers to specify appropriate electrical equipment; review and approval of vendor submittals; define project scope and provide technical support for information requests prior to, and during manufacturing phases; development of engineering designs to successfully install EVCS on-time at delivery stations and ensure compliance with federal, state and municipal requirements and building codes.
- Experience in all phases of the design process from project planning and concepts through working drawings and construction administration.
- Strong problem-solving skills related to a wide variety of building projects, from renovation to new construction.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change, demonstrated ability to interact in a cooperative and effective manner.
- For issues that arise with EVCS installed at delivery stations, drive teams to supply: failure mode and root-cause analysis, quantify customer exposure, provide remediation, and establish long-term corrective measures as well as ensuring these efforts are documented such that the issue doesn’t reoccur. Support maintenance and troubleshooting support, and operating procedure review.
- Assist sales effort by promoting engineering services, cost estimates and technical information on proposals for review by existing and potential clients.
- Be a leader within the group as well as within internal and external teams that support the delivery station.
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States and to obtain a security clearance.
- Employment Status: Full time salaries position
- Travel requirements: 80% of time spent working out of main office or home office and 20% of time spent in the field
- Education requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution or related scientific field
- License: Professional Engineer license
- 7+ years of experience in electrical engineering in the areas of power systems, power electronics, control systems for industrial systems.
- Experience with large scale industrial or commercial power generation and distribution systems.
- Experience with management associated with construction and large-scale infrastructure projects.
- 3+ years of experience with EV charger technologies and field deployments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the National Electric Code.
- Basic knowledge of equipment safety and performance certifications required for operation of electrical systems (e.g. switchgear, outdoor equipment, communication etc.).
- 5+ years of experience in design, operation, or maintenance of large scale MV and LV infrastructure systems.
- Detailed understanding of uninterruptable power sources, diesel generators, electrical switchgear, power distribution units, variable frequency drives, and automatic/static transfer switches.
- In-depth knowledge of codes and regulations including UL, IEC, Life Safety, IBC, NFPA, NEC, and OSHA.
- Prior experience with EV Charging infrastructure and field UL approvals.
- Experience with arc flash and power quality studies.
- Ability to read and interpret construction-related drawings including one-line diagrams and civil installation drawings.
- An ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs with no impact on quality, reliability, or maintainability.
We offer a positive and open door culture with work/life balance, opportunities for growth, competitive compensation/bonus structure, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurances, PTO, and a 401K retirement plan. Also provided are complete training, phone or laptop (if required for the position, and all necessary tools and safety equipment.
Diversity and Inclusion at ANS
We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Discloser: This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, Responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.