Payroll Administrator/HR Coordinator
Duties that the successful candidate may be responsible for: This unique position will be responsible for processing multi State weekly payroll as well as provide administrative support to the HR team.
- Execute and review weekly payroll processing to ensure timely and accurate transactions including but not limited to prevailing wage, benefits, garnishments, and taxes.
- Research, analyze, and resolve payroll, and/or “how- to” questions using knowledge of payroll system or practices.
- Provide training of the time keeping platforms to new and existing employees.
- Audit various payroll reports and engage with the appropriate person/agency to resolve any discrepancies.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Identify and recommend updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work collaboratively with team members to meet daily, monthly, and quarterly goals.
- Provide timely feedback to the management team regarding service failures or employee concerns, as well as potential process improvements.
- Responsible for prompt and accurate responses to employee requests and inquiries.
- Reconcile benefits statements and other reports as needed.
- Timely filing of personnel, I9 and other employee related documents.
- Administrative support for the HR Manager and Recruiter regarding employee hiring, onboarding, and retention.
Qualifications and characteristics that we are looking for:
- Ambitious, highly motivated with effective, active listening skills.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Flexibility and proven track record of successful multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong math aptitude.
- Solution-oriented attitude with an emphasis on follow up and follow through.
- Previous experience with Payroll/HRIS system migration a plus.
- Associate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 2 or more years of payroll processing experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to learn new payroll and HRIS systems.
Discloser: This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.