ANS Advanced Network Services, a rapidly growing telecommunications construction and specialty installations firm based in Albany, NY, has an opening for a manager to be focused on the growth and continuous improvement of our Network Operations Center personnel, processes, and champion the customer facing dashboard, Peel-it.
This exciting opportunity provides the candidate with the opportunity to join a growing line of service in a newly created role. From onboarding new complex systems to ensure customer success, to establishing best practices and metrics for the NOC and support teams, there is a great deal of growth potential for this role.
Candidate must have:
- Hands-on NOC management experience.
- Knowledge of NOC documentation (status meetings, contracts, change orders, etc.).
- Experience developing workflows, managing processes, tracking documentation and execution for relevant experience.
- Experience managing a remote team with 24×7 coverage.
- Experience interfacing with internal and customer stakeholders as needed to address issues or find solutions.
- Excellent communication/problem-solving skills.
- Effective client follow-up skills.
- Strong sense of urgency in dealing with client issues.
- Ability to drive issue through to resolution.
- Ability to develop processes from recommendations, input, and feedback from multifaceted internal and external teams.
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to self-start.
- Ability to learn and retain industry and technical information as it relates to in-building wireless and telecommunications.
- Experience interfacing with customers to ensure customer success.
- Ability to be flexible in a dynamic industry.
- Resource scheduling experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook, industry ticketing platforms.
- Ability to work in context related scripting environments like Markup.
- Familiarity with SQL and query structures.
- Experience working in Smartsheet.
- Experience working with Cradlepoint device management and configuration.
- Experience administering users and credentials for team members in multiple systems.
- Employment Status: Full time salaried position.
- Travel requirement: Occasional travel to ANS headquarters in Albany, NY. Majority of work can be remote.
- Hours: Primarily 8-5pm ET. Meetings and one-on-ones with 24/7 NOC team required on all shifts.
- Education requirement: Master’s degree preferred in engineering, IT, telecommunications, telecommunications management, or similar combination of education and on-the-job experience.
- Experience requirement: 5 or more years of NOC management experience in telecommunications or related industry.
- Work with external consultants, Director of In-Building Wireless, engineering team, and operations teams to develop NOC and client support best practices.
- Develop internal processes to ensure adherence to best practices, and continuous improvement of KPI’s.
- Work with internal and external development teams on dashboard development, maintenance, and improvement initiatives.