Manager, Safety & Compliance
Reports to: VP, Finance and Administration
The Manager, Safety & Compliance is responsible for administering and implementing the safety management processes and procedures for ANS Advanced Network Services, LLC. The successful candidate will ensure that all Federal, State and municipal regulations are satisfied at all ANS locations. This includes all OSHA and DOT requirements for environmental safety and fleet management. Other duties may be assigned.
- Engineering degree preferred 2-4 years.
- Field experience in the tower industry 3-5 years
- Knowledge of all OSHA requirements; OSHA-30 card preferred
- Knowledge of all DOT & FMCSA requirements
- Ability to perform job site safety reviews and analysis
- Strong communication, organizational and planning skills
- Excellent computer, communication and training skills (minimally Microsoft Office)
- Detail oriented
- Do what-ever-it-takes attitude
- Must have reliable transportation
- Implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including OSHA, FMCSA and DOT.
- Advise on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
- Plan and implement training for employees in work site safety practices.
- Maintains safety files and records.
- Performs safety surveys and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Conducts post-accident investigation and prepares report identifying possible accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel and senior management.
- Assists in the development, evaluation and upgrading of safety programs.
- Excellent computer, communication, and training skills.