Electric Vehicle Project Manager
ANS Advanced Network Services, a rapidly growing telecommunications construction and specialty installations firm based in Albany, NY, has an opening for an EV Project Manager for the NY Upstate area. The position will have primary focus on projects and customers in the Upstate New York area.
We are searching for a skilled and motivated Electric Vehicle Project Manager. This position is responsible for managing and supporting our electric vehicle (EV) program for the installation of electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) for our clients from inception through completion.
Candidate must have:
- Knowledge of EV systems, EV chargers, and new utility service applications and installations
- Experience coordinating with utility companies for upgrading existing or installing new electric services.
- Hands-on project management experience and/or the equivalent in the EV or AC Electrical space.
- Strong working knowledge of the electrical craft and National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Established track record of managing multiple infrastructure projects at the same time.
- Knowledge in all aspects of project management including quoting, budgeting, scheduling, subcontractor contract management, project documentation.
- Ability to read blueprints, specs, etc.
- General working knowledge of MS Office, Outlook and MS Project (or similar scheduling software).
- Effective client negotiation and follow-up skills.
- Excellent communication/problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of urgency in dealing with client issues.
- Must be able to travel.
- Ability to be deadline and detail oriented.
- Ability to monitor, manage and develop good working relationships with subcontractors.
- Ability to work reliably under minimum supervision.
- Ability to adapt to new client standards and practices.
- Ability and drive to deliver quality services on time and under budget.
- Employment Status: Full time salaried position.
- Travel requirement: 40% of time spent working out of main office or home office and 60% of time spent in the field.
- Education requirement: Licensed Electrician, or degree in construction, engineering, architecture or similar preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and on-the-job experience.
- Preferred Experience:
- Licensed Master Electrician or Journeyman in any municipality in New York State or
- 5 years’ experience as a working Electrician or
- 5 years’ experience Solar, Led, EV station infrastructure in NY